Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Top 10 Haunted House Stories

Nightmare House 1.  Nightmare House by Douglas Clegg


 The Haunting of Hill House 2.  The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson


Hell House 3.  Hell House by Richard Matheson


 Mischief 4.  Mischief by Douglas Clegg



 The Turn of the Screw (Dover Thrift Editions) 5.  The Turn of the Screw (Dover Thrift Editions) by Henry James



 The Hour Before Dark 6.  The Hour Before Dark by Douglas Clegg


  
The Shining 7.  The Shining by Stephen King



Rebecca 8.  Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier


The House 9.  The House by Bentley Little


 The Infinite (Leisure Horror) 10.  The Infinite (Leisure Horror) by Douglas Clegg



 This is a list of the 10 best haunted house stories created by: 
  Douglas Clegg


I have read three of the stories on the list. There are two more I've been looking to read for awhile now. That would make half of the ten stories that either read or want to read, so it wouldn't be hard to believe that I'd like the other five books as well. There is something about haunted house stories that I truly love, and I don't think I'm alone on that. Horror fans love ghosts and haunted houses. I think I back Douglas Clegg's list because he seems to have it right. 


Douglas Clegg has put his own books at number 1,4,6, and 10 on his list. That could be taken as arrogant, however as an unknown writer myself I know it isn't. It's a move that is recommended in several how-to-writer's books. JA Konrath recommends this move in his ebook: A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing. If you have read some of the other books, and you enjoyed them, (Which I did) then you'll probably want to check out some of the others. (Which I definitely will) There's a chance you've read everything except the books by Douglas Clegg. If that's the case, then he probably just sold a few copies of his books.


List provided by Amazon' List Mania and Douglas Clegg.




















No comments:

Post a Comment