Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why Do You Write?




 What Makes You Write?

If you are a writer, then there is something that made you want to do it. I think the Twilight series made young females want to write. I have seen it on Bookrix. I'm not even talking about the fan fiction it created. There were probably girls still in school who thought: I'm still in high school, and I think I could write this better than her.


Which brings about the question:

Did you want to write because you thought you could do better than someone who's published?

The first novel I ever read was Christine by Stephen King. I didn't think I could write it better, but it did inspire me to give storytelling a try. I had an imagination that could have controlled me, but I didn't let it. Instead of creating a world with toys, at ten years old I knew I wanted to write. I didn't think I could do it better, however I figured that I could also tell an interesting tale.


So if you didn't think you could do it better, then there must be another reason you wanted to write.

Some people want to write because they can write. They've went to school to write and they write for news papers, magazines, or television programs, movies, various large companies. Some of these people write novels, and most of the time it's not fiction. Just because you can write doesn't mean you have an imagination for fiction. That's why people always ask writers where they get their ideas.

So if you didn't write because you majored in English or journalism, then there must be another reason you wanted to write.

I truly believe everyone has at least one novel in them. Whether it be fiction or non-fiction, I believe everyone has the content inside their head for one novel, and most have more than that. You might have wanted to write because you know there are stories in your head that should be told.

This actually narrows in on why I wanted to write. There are stories in my head that I want out. Writing these things gets it out of my head, and makes someone else think about it. Some of the things I write about scare me, some of it grosses me out, and some of it makes me schizophrenic. My imagination has created a different way of thinking, and that comes out in my writing. There are stories in my head, many of them. I don't worry about running out of things to write about, and I know I'll always be able to horrify you. It's just a matter of how I choose to do it.


So...what makes you want to be a writer?






http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Reeves/307335199322905?cropsuccess#

http://www.bookrix.com/_group-en-the-writer-s-block

https://twitter.com/#!/War34Eagle



No comments:

Post a Comment